Sunday, May 1, 2011

Catching up Again!


Since our snow day back in January we have been quite busy. With Matthew's activities (school, soccer, and his marathon running) and my stuff, (work, school, marathon training, helping out with Matthew's school, and volunteering at church), life has been pretty crazy.
Matthew did the Music City kids Marathon, which is where from Feb-April they run 25 miles and then the night before the marathon run, the kids go up and run their last mile. I am so proud of him for completing this. He loved it. Friday night he got a medal for finishing, the whole PCA group really did a great job. I am so proud of Matthew, he wants to continue to run with me.



Then we took a trip during Spring break. We went to Connecticut for my nieces confirmation, so proud of her!!!! Then we decided to take a week and show Matthew you New York City and Boston. He loved it. Half way thru the day in Boston he looked at me and said "Mommy, can we live here". I almost cried. I love Boston and would move back in a heart beat but it is just too expensive. When we got back from our trip, it was like someone hit the fast forward button.
On April 1st, I celebrated my 1 year anniversary at work, I cannot believe it has been a year already. I am so thankful and blessed to have found such a great group of people to work with and for. The organization supports a cause I truly believe in and they have all become like family to me. I am truly blessed.
That being said, all 20 of them were here for Easter dinner. I was fantastic. It was like being with my own family. There are 8 kids between all the families so I stuffed a bunch of eggs and they had an egg hunt. They were hilarious running all over the yard.



On Good Friday Matthew had a friend come and spend the day and night with. We went to the zoo, then we hung out and had dinner. The boys played soccer with Joe and then we made smores. We were suppose to sleep in the tent but 10 minutes after we laid down to sleep, they decided the wanted to sleep in the house. They had a great time and they were both exhausted.




That brings us to this weekend. Matthew ran his last mile on Friday night, and I did the half marathon on Saturday. Today it is raining so we will just have a quiet day until we have to go to church tonight. Hopefully I will be able to keep this up, I have a feeling things are not going to slow down much.



No comments:

Post a Comment