Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Edisto Beach, South Carolina

What a beautiful place. There were no chain restaurants on the island, the only grocery store was Piggly Wiggly, and it was not very big at all. They have a building height maximum of only 40 feet so there were no high rises and wont be. I was beautiful but cold the first part of the week. We went to the beach every day but had to dress in sweatshirts. Matthew is such a beach lover. He did not care how cold it was, he was playing in the water and the sand, and let me tell you the water was cold. It was so cold it made my toes hurt when I got them wet. Matthew did not seem to care at all. We went to Charleston one day, walked around the city and took Matthew to the aquarium, which he loved. The last two days were in the 70's and beautiful. We got some sun those two days and I actually went in the water up to my thighs, that is as far as I could force myself to go. We saw dolphins daily, feeding on the sand bars and playing and jumping. It was really cool.
Here are some pictures.


Matthew looking for shells and playing in the ice cold water!




This is a picture of the center of town. The Pig is in the background!



We took this cuz Matthew was being a crab that day!



And Matthew playing in the waves.


So that is our week wrapped up. We had a great time and will definatly go back. Next we will rent a house right on the ocean though. Having to drive to the beach was no fun, we have been spoiled at our place in Destin where you just walk across the street to the beach.

1 comment:

  1. I live on Edisto and love it that you appreciate what we've fought so hard to preserve! Thanks
    www.PreserveEdisto.org

    ReplyDelete